The climate, energy, and sustainability community is following up on the successful Global Climate Action Summit in California with fresh energy.
The summit featured dozens of major emissions-cutting commitments from companies, cities, and states. The ambitious progress included a commitment by the $20.7 billion Indian manufacturer Mahindra Group to go carbon neutral by 2040, new efforts to support green finance in cities, states, businesses, and financial institutions through the Green Bond Partnership, and a revamped UN Climate Action Portal, among other demonstrations of increasing resolve.
This week’s annual gathering in the Big Apple for Climate Week NYC offers another opportunity to boost that momentum. There, America’s climate leaders sampled a preview of the 2019 Climate Leadership Conference and Awards, March 20-22 in Baltimore.
Past Climate Leadership Award winners, like IBM, Ingersoll Rand, and Clif Bar, shared how they found their formula for success in reducing their emissions, and how the Conference and Awards help them demonstrate leadership and success to internal and external stakeholders.
The conference’s organizing partners, C2ES and The Climate Registry, are developing the 2019 event now. Here’s how you can engage with us to make the 2019 conference the best yet:
Is your organization at the cutting edge of sustainability? Maybe you’ve set or achieved an ambitious goal for emissions reductions. Perhaps you put together a partnership to work for sustainability or resilience, or your supply chain stands out for its low footprint. There also might be someone in your organization especially influential in achieving climate goals. These are all qualifications for Climate Leadership Awards. Apply or nominate someone for the 2019 awards in any of our six categories:
- Organizational Leadership
- Individual Leadership
- Supply Chain Leadership
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate)
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award)
- Innovative Partnership Certificate
The awards portal is now open at https://www.climateleadershipconference.org/clc_awards
Do you have an idea for a session at the upcoming conference? Is there a topic where your own expertise shines? Let us know! We’re accepting nominations for the following:
- Breakout Panels and Speakers: Engaging 60-90-minute discussions taking a deeper look at key climate or sustainability topics. Nominations can be for a full panel, or an individual speaker to join a panel.
- Keynote Speakers: Main stage presentations, interviews or panel discussions by nationally recognized climate scientists, C-suite corporate leaders, or heads of organizations.
- Trainings: New, deep-dive sessions designed to help attendees develop applicable skills and decision-making abilities for implementing specific climate solutions. Examples include reporting climate risks, assessing alternative fuel vehicle fleet options, setting a science-based target, or developing a plan to achieve 100 percent renewable energy.
- Workshops: Interactive, discussion-based events that explore strategies and emerging approaches to advance climate leadership.
- Strategy Exchange Sessions: Focused, expert-led conversations to exchange ideas around niche topics such as renewable natural gas in California, making sure clean jobs count, and supplier-specific emission factors.
If you or someone you know fits into any of these categories, see our nomination page at https://www.climateleadershipconference.org/speakers/recommend-a-speaker.
Does your organization want to connect with key decision-makers, increase brand awareness or promote your initiatives? A Climate Leadership Conference sponsorship is a great way to make those connections. CLC sponsors gain exposure to a distribution list of more than 25,000 energy, climate, and sustainability professionals and a showcase for their products, services or initiatives in front of more than 400 conference attendees. Sponsors also get perks like conference registrations, access to the speaker Green Room, and private meeting space.
To learn more about sponsorship, visit https://www.climateleadershipconference.org/sponsorship-exhibition/become-a-sponsor/
Spread the Word
Let your colleagues in the climate, energy, and sustainability community know that the Climate Leadership Conference is the premier event for professionals addressing global climate change through policy, innovation, and business solutions. The conference is the place to network with forward-thinking leaders from business, government, academia, and the non-profit community to explore energy and climate solutions, introduce new opportunities, and provide support to leaders acting on climate change.
Follow developments on the 2019 CLC, including speaker announcements, program updates and more at https://www.climateleadershipconference.org/.
You can also follow us on Twitter @TheCLC2019.
The growing momentum for climate action from companies, cities, and states and the accomplishments of GCAS and Climate Week NYC are inspiring more people to take positive action. Join us in Baltimore, March 20-22, 2019 to celebrate and share those achievements.