Cities and businesses are separately preparing for climate change and building their resilience to impacts. But they have not had guidance on how to work together, until now. This report lays out the value in public-private collaboration on city climate resilience planning, and recommends to city resilience planners specific actions they can take to bring their business community into the climate resilience planning process.
- Resilience planning is an extension of existing programs and partnerships.
- Businesses respond to city leadership.
- Businesses respond to data.
- ‘Business’ is not a monolith.
- Innovative financing can help promote collaboration.