New Insights on Weathering the Storm: Building Business Resilience to Climate Change
Date: Friday, December 5, 2014 18:00-19:00
Location: US Center
See video of the event.
C2ES will present preliminary findings of a new analysis of how major companies are assessing and addressing climate risks and increasing their climate resilience. This research builds on C2ES’s 2013 report, Weathering the Storm: Building Business Resilience to Climate Change, which found that 90 percent of S&P Global 100 companies see extreme weather and other climate risks as current or future business risks, while 62 percent say they are experiencing climate change impacts now, or expect to in the coming decade. The new analysis looks more closely at emerging on-the-ground practices among companies to manage their climate risks. A presentation of C2ES’s findings will be followed by a panel discussion.
- Giles Dickson, Vice President, Environmental Policies & Global Advocacy, Alstom
- David Hone, Group Climate Change Advisor, Shell
- Jeanette Pablo, Federal Affairs & Climate Advisor, PNM Resources
- Timothy Juliani, Director of Corporate Engagement, C2ES
An Update and Perspectives on U.S. Climate Change Policy
Date: Monday, December 8, 2014 15:30
Location: EU Pavilion
This event will provide an update from multiple perspectives on the state of climate policy in the United States, including implementation of President Obama’s Climate Action Plan, action at the state level, and business and NGO perspectives.
- Mike Boots, Acting Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Matt Rodriguez, Secretary of Environmental Protection, California
- Marnie Funk, Director, CO2 Advocacy, Shell
- Brian Wolff, Executive Vice President for Public Policy, Edison Electric Institute (EEI)
- Elliot Diringer, Executive Vice President, C2ES
Joint Reception with EEI and IETA
Date: Monday, December 8, 2014 19:00
Location: US Center
C2ES Media Briefing in Lima
Date: Tuesday, Dec. 9, 13:00
Location: Press Conference Room 2, on Level 1 above the media center at the conference venue, Cuartel General del Ejercito del Perú.
Webcast: Watch video of the briefing.