The latest report from the Alliance for a Sustainable Future – a joint effort of C2ES and The U.S. Conference of Mayors to help cities and businesses collaborate on sustainable development – focuses on the Inflation Reduction Act’s new opportunity for renewable energy systems and electric vehicle tax credits now available to cities through an elective payment mechanism commonly known as “direct pay” tax credits.
This publication explains:
- how the Inflation Reduction Act creates new opportunities to fund climate change mitigation and resilience projects
- what a direct pay tax credit is
- how direct pay tax credits can improve the financial viability of climate and resilience projects
- when direct pay tax credits may work for your city
- how to start planning to use direct pay tax credits.