JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – Solutions Fellow
Posted: Feb. 21, 2018
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES), Arlington, VA
C2ES seeks a highly qualified person to focus on US State, City and Federal policy, with a focus (but not exclusive focus) on low-carbon transportation solutions. This position reports to the Senior Vice President for Policy and Business Strategy.
- Research, analyze, write and communicate information on low-carbon transportation and energy developments at the federal, state, city and international levels, including policy, technology and other initiatives that reduce the carbon footprint of the transportation and energy sector;
- Provide technical assistance to government policy makers on climate policy design and business leaders on effective climate strategies;
- Share lessons from city, state and regional action across multiple stakeholders;
- Organize and conduct meetings of city, state, industry and federal officials, while providing expert guidance;
- Represent C2ES at climate change meetings, conferences, and hearings;
- Organize workshops, webinars and briefings for stakeholders on policy issues;
- Conduct background research and draft white papers as needed; and
- Collaborate with colleagues and external funders to draft project proposals.
- Two or more years of work experience related to climate policy and transportation initiatives;
- Understanding low carbon transportation and energy technologies and policies across multiple sectors;
- Master’s degree in environmental policy, public policy, environmental law, energy resources, economics or related field;
- Exceptional analytical skills, familiarity with Excel;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (law, economics, policy);
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and quantitative analysis skills required;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels; and
- Willingness to travel (less than 10% of total time)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to: email@example.com