ACADEMIC INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT – Policy Interns (Multiple)
Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, Arlington, VA
C2ES is seeking multiple Policy Interns to work directly with Senior Staff on a variety of projects focused on elements of city, state, and/or federal climate and energy policy. Prior to being hired, selected candidates must be able to provide proof of academic credit or funding from an accredited college, university, or third party for research. Funding must cover at least minimum wage.
Major responsibilities depending on program needs could include:
- Conduct independent research and analysis on city-, state-, and/or federal-level climate and energy policies and practices, including clean energy, carbon pricing, and climate resilience;
- Track and research emerging city- and state-focused partnerships and initiatives;
- Develop and contribute to written material, including state news items, case studies, blog posts, and policy briefs, with a goal of having specific deliverables authored by the intern;
- Attend and summarize relevant events in Washington by other think tanks, advocacy groups, Congress and federal agencies;
- Research and analytical support as needed; and
- Willingness to pitch in at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in government, economics, environmental or energy policy, urban planning, science or related field; preference given to those currently enrolled in a graduate program;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (technology, politics, economics);
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analytic skills; and
- Attention to detail.
Status: Full- or part-time internships are available
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
For more information about the C2ES visit www.c2es.org.
To apply – send cover letter indicating your areas of interest, resume, and writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 550
Arlington, VA 22201
or electronically to hr@C2ES.org