The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES), Arlington, VA
Policy Initiatives Engagement
(Senior Fellow or Director level position depending on experience)
C2ES seeks a highly qualified individual to coordinate stakeholder convening and research/analysis serving core domestic policy initiatives at C2ES. The position reports to the Executive Vice President. The position is based in our Arlington, VA, office.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Actively engage U.S. policymakers and other key stakeholders to build and deepen C2ES relations and to identify opportunities for C2ES engagement. Coordinate with Director of Corporate Engagement to involve members of the C2ES Business Environmental Leadership Council;
- Plan and manage initiatives convening policymakers and stakeholders to examine and promote collaboration on climate/energy issues, including the C2ES Solutions Forum with cities, states and companies;
- Help direct the conception and execution of research and analytical products, including written inputs to multi-stakeholder convenings and published C2ES briefs and reports;
- Contribute, as part of senior leadership, to the organization’s strategic planning and direction;
- Supervise Solutions and Outreach Fellow; coordinate other program staff as assigned on a project-by-project basis;
- Contribute to development activities, including developing funding proposals and identifying and communicating with prospective funders;
- Manage scheduling, planning and logistics of workshops and over events;
- Oversee program budgets;
- Support C2ES communications activities, contributing blogs, talking points, etc.
- Four or more years of experience in research/analysis, outreach and/or project management related to climate change/energy issues; supervisory experience a plus;
- Master’s degree in environmental or public policy or a related field;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of climate challenges and solutions (e.g., policy, finance, technology); Familiarity with climate policy and politics at the federal, state and local levels;
- Ability to conceive and execute strategic initiatives fostering collaboration among experts and stakeholders and producing high-impact outputs; Experience organizing workshops or other events;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Ability to lead a team effort drawing on staff and skills across the organization;
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analysis skills;
- Strong outreach skills; demonstrated ability to engage pragmatically with, and facilitate dialogue among, diverse interests;
- Strong oral communications skills;
- Experience working with businesses on climate/sustainability issues a strong plus;
- Willingness to pitch in at all levels; and
- Willingness to travel (up to 30 %)
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to: email@example.com