ACADEMIC INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT – International Intern
Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, Arlington, VA
The internship provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to work with the International team. This team works with governments and stakeholders to identify practical and effective options for an international climate framework. C2ES engages with international policymakers in the United States and other key countries; regularly convenes informal discussions among climate negotiators; and organizes conferences, workshops, and briefings on international climate policy developments. Prior to being hired, the selected candidate must be able to provide proof of academic credit or funding from an accredited college, university, or third party for research. Funding must cover at least minimum wage.
- Support C2ES’s informal discussions, workshops, briefings, etc.;
- Contribute as needed to research and analysis of international climate policy issues;
- Maintain and improve content of international portions of the C2ES website; and
- Contribute as feasible to C2ES blog and publications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental policy or related fields, with focus on international issues; Masters level student preferred;
- Familiarity with international environmental agreements, particularly the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change;
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analytic skills; journalism/advanced writing skills a plus;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Status: Full-time internship (preferred) or part-time
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
For more information about the C2ES visit www.c2es.org.
To apply – send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to: hr@C2ES.org