JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – Executive / Office Assistant
Posted: April 11, 2018
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES), Arlington, VA
C2ES is seeking an executive / office assistant to provide support to our executive team and provide office and tech support to our organization. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
- Provide administrative support to 2 vice presidents including calendar scheduling, travel coordination, and expense reconciliation; provide backup administrative support to the President as needed;
- Coordinate with IT vendor on all technical matters including, but not limited to assistance on network issues, system upgrades, and setting up new account users;
- Answer incoming office calls and forward to appropriate staff member;
- Assist with managing vendors for office services and equipment;
- Order and restock office and kitchen supplies;
- Coordinate office parties and assist with staff retreats and other office functions;
- Manage the SharePoint site and assist with keeping the website updated;
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years in an administrative/office support role with a minor focus on IT support
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365 suite administration, Windows, and MacOS
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be highly organized, a team player, and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: Full-time, regular, non-exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org