Event: Green Innovation in Business Network 2010 Boston Solutions Lab
Microsoft, the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, Environmental Defense Fund, Ashoka, and many other supporters held the ninth Green Innovation in Business Network (GIBN) 2010 Boston Solutions Lab at the Microsoft New England Research & Development Center in Cambridge, MA on September 16th.
The Solutions Lab addressed the central theme of how companies are overcoming barriers to energy efficiency. Participants shared how they are capturing cost savings and greenhouse gas reductions from energy efficiency today, and worked together to generate new ideas and solutions. The lab brought together experts in energy efficiency from leading companies, financial institutions, NGOs, and government agencies.
Some of the themes that were discussed at the Boston Solutions Lab:
- How do you make the business case for energy efficiency in a way that will resonate with senior management?
- What are creative ways of financing energy efficiency investments?
- What can be done to improve energy efficiency in leased office spaces?
- How do you find enough staff resources to implement energy efficiency strategies?
- What’s the best way of aligning energy efficiency incentives across departments?
- What’s needed to form effective cross-cutting energy efficiency teams?
- How do you best leverage partnerships with government agencies, nongovernmental organizations, trade associations and other companies to make progress on energy efficiency?
- What are the connections between water conservation and energy efficiency? What are strategies that can advance the twin goals of saving water and energy?
- What are innovative ways of working with suppliers on energy efficiency?
- How can you best engage employees on energy efficiency efforts?
Solutions Labs, taking place in ten U.S. cities in 2010, are one-day events designed to shape business practices far into the future. They give participants an opportunity to share ideas and brainstorm solutions to environmental challenges, while growing the network of sustainability experts and innovators across industries.
For general information about the series, please visit the GIBN Solutions Lab Wiki: http://greenbusinessinnovators.wetpaint.com/