The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions congratulates the 17 companies, four local governments and two individuals honored for their exemplary leadership in addressing climate change at the second annual Climate Leadership Awards.
C2ES co-sponsors the awards with the EPA's Center for Corporate Climate Leadership, the Association of Climate Change Officers and The Climate Registry.
“After a year of record heat and drought, action on climate change and clean energy is more urgent than ever,” said C2ES President Eileen Claussen. “We join EPA in applauding the winners of the Climate Leadership Awards. These companies, organizations, and individuals demonstrate every day the possibility of a prosperous low-carbon future. Hopefully, their accomplishments will spur and challenge others to take steps that are good for both the economy and the environment.”
The national awards program honors corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in reducing greenhouse gas emissions in internal operations and throughout the supply chain. The winners represent a wide array of industries, including construction, finance, defense, transportation, retail, energy and technology.
The following awards were presented Feb. 28, 2013 at the Climate Leadership Conference in Washington:
- Organizational Leadership Award:
- Boulder County, Colo.
- City of Austin, Texas
- Intel Corporation
- Port of San Diego
- Sonoma County Water Agency
- Individual Leadership Award:
- Tamara 'TJ' DiCaprio, Senior Director of Environmental Sustainability , Microsoft Corporation
- J. Wayne Leonard, Former Chairman and CEO of Entergy Corporation
- Supply Chain Leadership Award:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award):
- CSX Transportation, Inc.
- Limited Brands, Inc.
- Office Depot
- Raytheon Company
- Staples, Inc.
- Tiffany & Co.
- Turner Construction Company
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate):
- Bank of America
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- SC Johnson & Sons, Inc.
- Wells Fargo and Company